niedziela, 13 marca 2011

Welcome to My Year of Adventure

Since I was 18 years old I had a dream of moving to Poland to get know my Polish culture better.

I moved to Australia in 1996, which is 15 years ago. At that stage I was only a young girl of 11 years. Life for me was all about piggy tails, school and playing with friends. At that age I did not take notice of things such as culture or tradition, things that I now feel are something that I have missed out on over the years.

Elements of my heritage are ingrained in me, yet I long to know what they mean, where they originate and how have they helped to form who I am today and what I hold dear. So my aim for this year is to learn as much about my own culture while living in Poland.

I also hope to travel as much as I can, as it's something that I love doing and something that helps to form more of who I am today.

So over the next 12 months, I hope to share stories with you about my experiences, about the people I encounter, about the places I believe you should visit and the reflections that I come to as a result of my adventures.

I hope that you enjoy these posts. Feel free to leave comments, to ask questions and to offer advice. I want to make this blog a place where I can not only share about my experinces but about making these experinces yours as well.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz